Monday, October 13, 2008

Goodbye Tommy!

Whew. Tommy's finally gone! And it doesn't even seem like his players are all that upset. In fact, I'd say are pretty darn happy.

"It's what he deserved," --Harper

"I enjoyed playing for coach Bowden and I liked him, but in the end he was yelling at us to be leaders and it wasn't working. He did all he could to motivate us but guys weren't buying into what he was saying. And he said a lot of the same things over and over again," --CJ Spiller

Maybe it didn't help too much when he announced that Willy Korn would start against GT, but then "Bowden said that Harper has not been told of the switch, but coaches have been trying to reach him to break the news". Maybe just maybe a coach should let his QB know these decisions before he tells the public...just maybe.

I'm so glad this chapter in Clemson's history is closing. I give this decision the full Bend & Snap!

Article Links
Korn Starts
Tommy Fired