Sunday, January 25, 2009

Maiden Journey

Saturday I took my first ride on my new road bike!! (Aren't you excited Rob?!) I thought it was so fun! I was so scared when we first left. Well, before we even left, Nathan gave me a firm talking to about the "importance of keeping my tires inflated" ::yawn:: We did a quick test run around the Woodlands, and then I was supposed to ride down the steep hill to cross onto 93. I was sure my brakes would fail me and I would be flattened on the busy road; however, I made it safely across into Ingles parking lot. I made Nathan do at least 2 laps just around Ingles with me until I felt confident that I wouldn't fall over and could actually change gears successfully.

Once we got going towards Central, I felt like I could fly!! I doubt Nathan thought I was flying though...I'm sure he was bored with my slow pace but as always, he was very patient with me.

Only one downer--I have to get a new bike seat. Holy cow!! That was painful! There has to be a better bike seat for females out there. I was using Nathan's old seat that he even said was uncomfortable...guess I should have believed him.

Trophy of Snaps for the first road bike ride!